What is family documentary photography?
It turns every day life into an event.
It’s dinner time, school drop offs, and hair wash night.
It’s shopping at Target, playdates at the playground, and grocery trips.
It’s bedtime stories, butterfly kisses, and last minute hugs.
IT’S YOUR STORY.
Time flies by, and with it goes all those precious every day moments.
We don’t hesitate to hire the very best for our wedding because we know that it’s a once in a lifetime event.
But here’s the thing…
EVERY DAY IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME EVENT.
Eventually all those days pass us by and the once-in-a-lifetime moments that felt so ordinary disappear.
Your baby gets too big to carry on your hip.
Your preschooler goes to kindergarten.
Your big kid stops giving kisses.
It all happens so fast that we barely even notice.
For a storytelling session YOU WON’T have to
- Go shopping for coordinated outfits
- Dress up in uncomfortable clothes
- Sit on a picnic blanket in a park
- Travel to the photographer’s location
- Be posed or guided
- Force your family to take pictures
- Get your child to sit still and smile
For a storytelling session YOU WILL have to
- Relax and hang with your family
- Pick a date
- Choose your favorite family location
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Let your kids do their thing
- Decide what size photo book or album you want
- Just be you!
IS THIS FOR ME?
My photographic storytelling sessions aren’t for everyone, and that’s ok. Here are some simple questions to ask yourself to get a better understanding of the kind of photography that suits you.
- What photography style do I seem to gravitate towards on social media?
- What is my goal with this photo session?
- Where do I plan to display my storybook at home?
- What do I want to remember most about my kids at this age?
- What’s my budget?
My sessions are about more than just the pictures… they are an experience. My goal is to create a unique storybook or custom printed art to display in your home revealing the everyday beauty of your life. Every session includes
- A 30 minute pre-session consult right before our session
- 3 hours of picture taking at a location of your choice
- 4 GB flash drive
- An ordering consultation where printed art is chosen. This can be scheduled on the same day as your session for convenience.
There’s a whole lotta photographers out there these days, but we’re not all the same. If you’re looking to spend a small amount for a quick mini-session and a few digital images, I’m not your gal. But if you’re willing to make an investment to capture and print this time in your children’s lives, I promise to make it worth every penny.
I prioritize client relationships and your photographic experience. Plus, as a certified professional photographer with 10 years of experience, I offer you the VERY BEST in photography.
Sessions dates are $750 and include a 3 hour session and 30-50 edited hi-res digital images.